GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 830 in December 31, 2011. The University is a public funded national institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas. The University approaches its programmes and research emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration and taking into account, areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues affecting energy and natural resources.
To become a world class institution for generating, advancing and applying knowledge in energy and natural resource sciences.
To promote the development of human resources and skills required to solve critical energy and natural resources challenges of society and undertake interdisciplinary academic, research, and outreach programmes in engineering, science, economics and environmental policy.
In order to realize its vision and mission, the University of Energy and Natural Resources shall be guided by the following core values:
- Promote innovation, creativity, freedom of thought and creative expression;
- Operate with integrity, commitment and transparency;
- Promote conservation of energy and the environment;
- Establish partnership with stakeholders in skills and knowledge generation and application;
- Responsive to the needs of our students and partner communities;
- Promote and incorporate sustainability concepts across all University courses/programmes as well as exemplifying the sustainability culture staff, students and alumni.
PROGRAMMES ON OFFER FOR 2014/2015 ACADEMIC YEAR
|SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
||SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
|SCHOOL OF NATURAL RESOURCES
|SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY
The University has four entry routes:
- Entry by means of SSSCE/WASSCE (Entry at level 100)
- Foreign student (Entry at level 100)
- Entry by means of the mature students examination (Entry at level 100)
- Entry by means of professional certificates and tertiary level diplomas depending on assessment of the diploma and performance at interview. (Entry at level 200)
The general admission requirements for the various entry routes are as follows:
General Entry Requirements
To be admitted to any Degree programme, SSSCE/WASSCE candidates must possess credits (A – D) and (A1 – C6) in 3 core subjects, including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science and three elective subjects in Science for candidates applying for Engineering/Science/Natural Resources related disciplines. In addition, the candidates should have at least a grade D or C6 in Social Studies
THE REQUIRED SUBJECTS FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAMMES
- i. Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
Core Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science with three electives subjects; Chemistry, Physics/Applied Electricity and Elective Mathematics OR Technical Subjects with Elective Mathematics and Physics
- ii. Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Sciences
Core Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science with three electives subjects; Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Applied Electricity or Elective Mathematics
- iii. Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Resources
Core Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science with three electives subjects from; Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Biology/General Agriculture/Forestry, Geography
- Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, plus one Arts Subject.
- Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Sciences
Mathematics, Further Mathematics, English, Biology/Agriculture, Physics, Chemistry plus one Arts subject.
Other qualifications acceptable for consideration for admission include International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, American Grade 13 examinations and other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSCE/SSSCE and the GCE
Applicant must have attained the age of 25 years, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least Five (5) years old at the time of application. Applicants should have at least credit passes in English Language and Mathematics, in WASSCE/SSSCE or any other nationally recognised standard High School level examinations.
Mature student applicants must pass UENR entrance examination and/or interview.
PROFESSIONAL AND POST-DIPLOMA APPLICANTS
Candidates in this category must possess:
- A Diploma or Higher National Diploma or its equivalence in a relevant programme from a recognised institution
- Must pass UENR interview
In addition to the general admission requirements above, Schools and Departments may have their specific requirements.
Download : Admissions Brochure