ACADEMIC AND STUDENTS’ AFFAIRS DIVISION
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
ADMISSION OF CANDIDATES TO UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE
PROGRAMMES FOR THE 2013/2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from prospective applicants for admission into undergraduate programmes of the University of Energy and Natural Resources, Sunyani for the 2013/2014 academic year.
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- Bachelor of Science Renewable Energy Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science Applied Mathematics
SCHOOL OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- Bachelor of Science Natural Resourceswith options in
- Forest Resource Management
- Land Reclamation and Restoration
- Wildlife and Range Management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Social Forestry
- Wood Science and Forest Products
Admission is open to:
- SSSCE/WASSCE holders with credits (A-D/A1-C6) in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A-D/A1-C6) in Three Elective Subjects with an aggregate score of 24/36 or better in the relevant area of study, OR
- ADVANCED LEVEL holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English and Mathematics, plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level, OR
- HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA HOLDERS in a related course with at least 2nd Class Lower Division. In addition, the applicant must have acquired at least Two (2) years post working experience, OR
- UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA HOLDERS in a related course with at least a Pass. In addition, the applicant must have acquired at least Two (2) years post working experience, OR
- MATURE STUDENTS. The applicant must have attained the age of 25 years, and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least Five(5) years old at the time of application. Applicants should have at least credit passes in English Language and Mathematics, in SSSCE /WASSCE or any other nationally recognized standard High School level examinations. AND
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
REQUIRED SUBJECTS FOR SPECIFIC PROGRAMMES
i. Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in
Core Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science with three elective subjects in any of the following; Chemistry, Physics/Applied Electricity and Elective Mathematics.
ii. Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in
Core Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science with three
elective subjects in any of the following; Chemistry, Physics/Applied
Electricity and Elective Mathematics
iii. Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in
Core Mathematics, English Language and Integrated Science with three elective subjects in any of the following; Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics, Biology/General Agriculture/Forestry, Geography.
Other qualifications acceptable for consideration for admission include International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, American Grade 13 examinations and other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels)
In addition to the general admission requirements above, Schools and Departments may have their specific requirements.
HOW TO APPLY
Prospective Applicants can either purchase University of Energy and Natural Resources
ADMISSION FORMS at GH¢100.00 from any REGIONAL POST OFFICE in Ghana or DOWNLOAD ADMISSION FORMS from
A completed ADMISSION FORMS should be sent to any Regional Post Office together with photocopies of Certificates or Results Slips and in the case of Mature Applicants, Birth Certificates.
In the case of Admission Forms Downloaded from the University’s website https://www.uenr.edu.gh the
completed Admission Forms must be accompanied with a BANKER’S DRAFT of GH¢100 before it is sent to the Post Office. The Bankers Draft should be made payable to the University Of Energy and Natural Resources, Sunyani.
2013 WASSCE CANDIDATES AWAITING RESULTS CAN APPLY
To apply as a foreign student, please visit our website https://www.uenr.edu.gh and click on to download https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0QNnrLX6rBrRG85SEZZckhfM0E/edit?usp=sharing
Please follow the ON-LINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS above to complete the process.
Prospective Foreign Students, should pay at any ECOBANK BRANCH or AFFILIATE, to the Account Name and Number below OR pay by International Money Order made payable to UENR. Completed Application Forms must be accompanied by a processing fee of $100 USD
BANK: ECOBANK GHANA
ACCOUNT NAME: University of Energy and Natural Resources US$ ACCOUNT
SWIFT CODE: ECOCGHAC
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0301094467458101
You are requested to quote your Name and Application Number
Please note that, you are to add the pay-in-slip (P.I.S.) to the Forms before submission.
The closing date for submission of Application Forms is FRIDAY, JULY 26TH, 2013
FEE PAYING APPLICANTS
Applicants are also to note that a Fee-Paying Facility can be accessed when an applicant
does not meet the Competitive Requirements and CUT-OFF Points but satisfy the
Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24/36 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate when filling their Application Forms.
Prospective Students who may wish to be considered for hostel accommodation are to indicate the request on their Application Form. Such Students would pay the appropriate Residential Facility User Fees.
For further enquiries, please visit the University’s website on www.uenr.edu.gh or contact our Admissions Office on: 0352-23461 OR 0242-543-408
ADMISSION TO THE UNIVERSITY IS TRANSPARENTLY ADMINISTERED
WITHOUT ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS. ANY APPLICANT WHO MAKES ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION TO ANY PERSON FOR THE PURPOSE OF GAINING ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK