To strengthen research capacity and harness it in the service of policy making, planning, sustainable development in the area of climate change and gender and its linkages with energy, agriculture, natural resources and technology.
The objectives of CCCGS among other things are to:
- Promote inter and intra-disciplinary research in the University that keeps up with international research and developments trends through proposal development and strategic institutional collaborations home and abroad.
- Coordinate and promote research that contributes to sustainable development, especially in the area of climate change, gender, poverty reduction, population growth and other social issues.
- Engage in consultancy services in the area of climate change and social issues across different disciplines.
- Stir research and publication interest by providing platforms for knowledge creation and sharing, advocacy and sensitizations through periodic public lectures, seminars and conferences that keep lecturers, researchers and students abreast with challenging international research breakthroughs and findings.
- Run MSc. and Ph.D. programmes in Gender Studies and Climate Change.
- Run national and international training courses (Short courses and workshop on climate change and gender in different discipline e.g. Energy, Agriculture, and Natural Resources).
- Promote community outreach and advocacy on climate change and gender-related issues through existing and new networks.