Appiahene Peter is a renowned scholar of international repute. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) in 2009 from University of Education, Winneba-Ghana and Master of Philosophy in Information Technology in 2014 from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology-Ghana. Peter Appiahene is a Lecturer in both Computer Science and Information Technology. He, however, started his education at Cambridge International School-Kumasi for his Basic Education before proceeding to Kumasi High School in Kumasi to study General Science for his Secondary School Education.
Appiahene Peter began his academic career in 2010 and has since risen from Secondary School Tutor to a University Lecturer and currently doing his PhD in Computer Science at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. A special focus of his PhD work is on determining the operational efficiency of a bank using Machine Learning Algorithms.
His current position is a Lecturer at the Department of Computer Science and Informatics and a research fellow at the Earth Observation Research and Innovation Center (EORIC) all at the University of Energy and Natural Resources. Mr Appiahene has been working as a consultant and researcher in the area of Computer Science and Information Technology for about 5 years. He is the System & Application Development Officer for a research and project group working on a project funded by Skills Development Fund (SDF2) to upscale the Advanced Fire Information System (AFIS) project by providing farmers and other stakeholders with early fire detection and alert information in the form of voice and SMS alerts as well as a smartphone application.
He is an editorial board member of three international refereed journals and has also served as a reviewer for international conferences. He has several publications which have appeared in both international referred journals and conference proceedings and have made a presentation at conferences such as 11th European Conference on Game-Based Learning (ECGBL October 2017) in Graz, Austria and the 2016 Conference on Teaching Large Classes Virginia Tech, Virginia USA.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Accredited Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member Oracle Academy.
- Accredited Member, IEEE Computer Society.
- Accredited Member, Alliance for Affordable Internet.
- Accredited Member, International Association of Engineers (IAENG).
- Accredited Member Information Technology Association of Ghana(ITAG)
- Accredited Member of Internet Society.
- Accredited Member, Ghana Science Association.
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning
- Sentiment Analysis
- Scientific Computing
- Software Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Information Systems.
- Data Science
- Distributed Systems
- Parallel and High-Performance Computing
- Scientific Computing
- GIS and Remote Sensing
- Internet Network Architectures
- Process Modeling and Business Process Management
Refereed Journal Papers
- Appiahene Peter, Ussiph Najim, & Missah Yaw Marfo, 2018 Information Technology Impact on Productivity: Systematic Review of the Literature DOI 10.4018/IJICTHD.2018070104.
- Appiahene, P., Missah, Y. M., & Najim, U. (2019). Evaluation of information technology impact on bank’s performance : The Ghanaian experience. International Journal of Engineering Business Management, 11, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1177/1847979019835337
- Comparative study of Decision Tree, Random Forest and Neural Networks in Predicting Bank Efficiency. Under
- Analysis Information Technology Impact on Ghanaian Commercial Banks. Under Review
- Using C5.0 Decision Tree Algorithm to detect the impact of IT investment on Bank’s Performance. Under Review
- Peter Appiahene, Bryce Yaw Kesse and Christopher Bombie Ninfaakang.Article: Cloud Computing Technology Model for Teaching and Learning of ICT. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887) Volume 143-No.5 June 2016. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA.
- Appiahene Peter, Appiah Obed and Adekoya Adebayo Felix, “Users Satisfaction of Ubuntu Operating System”. Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research 12(1): 54-62, 2016 ISSN: 2395-4205 (P), ISSN: 2395-4213 (O) International Knowledge Press, April 2016
CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS AND POSTER PAPERS
- Improving Satellite images Resolutions using Generative Adversarial Network at the 2019 4Th GEO Data Technology Workshop, Vienna- Austria
- Bank Classification Algorithm: Case study of Ghanaian banks 2019 International Conference on Computing, Computational Modelling and Applications (ICCMA) Proceedings, Cape Coast –Ghana.
- Levitation of Language Studies Using Appiahene Gamification Model. ICAST 2018 Proceedings.
- Promoting Education in rural Ghana through the use of wireless ad-hoc network. ICAST 2018 Proceedings.
- Literature Review on IT impact on Organizational Productivity. ICAST 2018 Proceedings.
- Raising Students Programming Skills Using Appiahene Gamification Model .Accepted for Presentation at the incoming 11th European Conference on Game Based Learning (ECGBL October, 2017) in Graz, Austria.
- Promoting Afforestation for Sustainable Communities Using Gamification. International Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Development in Africa (ICCCSDA) July 2017 Sunyani-Ghana.
- The role of ICT in the management of natural Resources. Case study of applying GIS and Social Media in the fight against illegal mining in Ghana. International Conference on Climate Change and Sustainable Development in Africa (ICCCSDA) July 2017 Sunyani-Ghana.
- 2016 Conference on Teaching Large Classes Virginia Tech, Virginia USA. ”Design and Implementation of Online-Learning platform with a large class size. Case study at University of Energy and Natural Resources-Ghana”.
POSITIONS HELD (WITH DATES)
- University Academic Board Member (January 2019- Date)
- Departmental Research and Seminar Coordinator (August 2019- Date)
- Member University Housing and Residence Committee (August 2017-Date)
- Member School of Sciences Research and Project Committee (August 2017-Date)
- Member School of Sciences Seminar and Conference Committee (August 2017-Date)
- Member School of Sciences Welfare Committee (August 2017-August 2018).
- Departmental Research and Seminar Coordinator (August 2017- August 2018)
- End of first Semester Examination Chief Invigilator, 2018/2019 Academic year.
- End of Second Semester Examination Chief Invigilator, 2017/2018 Academic year.
- University Academic Board Member (August 2016- August 2018).
- Combining Data Envelopment Analysis with Machine Learning Algorithms for predictions.
- Development of an Advance Fire Information System for fire detection and alert.
- Improving Satellite images by Deep Learning Approach.
- Using GIS for Spatial distribution of Mobile Money Centers within Sunyani Municipality.