DATE: 29th August – 2nd September, 2016 VENUE: ACCRA
REGISTRATION BEGINS ON 1st August, 2016
The Energy and Environmental Department of University of Energy and Natural Resources, Sunyani is organizing hands-on PV Standalone installation training. This solar training provides an advanced practical knowledge required for safe, code-compliant design and the installation of photovoltaic(PV) system, with a focus on both grid and off-grid solar electric systems. This training also provides effective use of energy modelling software such as RETscreen and HOMER for easy technical design and financial engineering of renewable energy technologies. The goal of this training is to create unique and specialized practical concepts needed to work on all PV systems, including: system components, system sizing, site analysis, PV module criteria, mounting solutions, over-current protection, grounding, safety and commissioning.
This training is developed to train students and professionals with interest in Solar Energy and its applications.
- Perform power & energy calculations
- Evaluate utility bills and perform load analysis
- Estimate energy production from PV systems
- Design both on/off grid PV systems
- Perform monitoring, maintenance and diagnostic test on PV system
- Technical expertise in installing PV with little or no supervision
- Perform technical design using RETscreen and HOMER
- Perform effective cost benefit analysis using RETscreen
How to register
- Online: Download and complete registration forms here and send to contact email addresses
- On campus: Register at the department of Energy
There exists a readily available job placement with reputable companies and consulting firms after the training course
Registration Fees – GHS 1,000.00
Which includes training manuals, software, certificate of training, lunch and snacks.
Department of Energy and Environmental Engineering, UENR
Tel: Dr. Eric OfosuAntwi (0208812106), Roland Amanor(0206455986), Dr. Samuel Gyamfi(0506438028)
Bank details for payment: ECOBANK, 0300134467458101, University of Energy and Natural Resources, Sunyani.