To become a world class institution for generating, advancing and applying knowledge in energy and natural resource sciences.
To promote the development of human resources and skills required to solve critical energy and natural resources challenges of society and undertake interdisciplinary academic, research, and outreach programmes in engineering, science, economics and environmental policy.
In order to realize its vision and mission the University of Energy and Natural Resources shall be guided by the following core values:
- Promote innovation, creativity, freedom of thought and creative expression;
- Operate with integrity, commitment and transparency;
- Promote conservation of energy and the environment;
- Establish partnership with stakeholders in skills and knowledge generation and application;
- Respond to the needs of our students and partner communities
- Promote and incorporate sustainability concepts across all University courses/programmes as well as exemplifying the sustainability culture of staff, students and alumni.