About ICCCSDA 2017
Globally, there has been an upsurge in climate-induced hazards which threaten human life and property. This has necessitated an urgent response to support climate change mitigation and adaptation globally and Africa in particular. The ICCCSDA seeks to create a platform for knowledge sharing which would lead to informed decision making in climate sensitive areas such as natural resources, agriculture, food and water security, energy, science and technology, and transport.
Call for Abstracts and Papers
The Conference Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts from scholars, professionals, policymakers, practitioners, non-governmental organizations and international organizations, postgraduate students etc. for presentation in the conference. Abstracts should address one or more of the following thematic areas:
Environment, Technology and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Health, Sanitation and Climate Change Adaptation
- Science, Technology, and Geographic Information Systems
- Climate Change and the Challenge for Local Communities
- Built Environment, Transportation, Urbanization and Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Change, Sustainable Innovation, and Partnerships
Renewable Energy, Resilient and Green Economies
- Water Resources, Water Security and Climate
- Climate Change, Gender Intersectionality, Social, and Economic Issues
- Finance, Green Economy and Poverty Alleviation
- Clean Energy, Energy Policy, and Sustainability
- Institutions, Governance and Climate Change Adaptation
Agriculture, Aquaculture, and Natural Resources
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Security in the Context of Climate Change
- Green Revolution and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Forest, Good Governance in Forestry and Climate Change
- Natural Resources and Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Papers on case studies, best practices and success stories from other regions especially the Global South are highly encouraged. Abstract and full papers should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The language of abstracts and PowerPoint presentation is in English. If you experience any difficulties, contact +233244369672 or +233560422240.
All accepted papers would be published in the Book of Abstracts and peer-reviewed conference proceedings – ICCCSDA 2017 Proceedings. Opportunity to publish special issues across the thematic areas is also available to authors through the Journal of Energy and Natural Resources Management (JENRM) -ISSN: 2026-6189.
The abstract should not exceed 250 words and must include five keywords
Font type and size: Times New Roman, 12 point size;
Line spacing: Single; Paper size: A4 (29.7 x 21.0 cm)
Full Paper Format
Full papers should be a maximum of 7000 words including references, appendices, figures etc.
The title should be centered, 13 point size, block and bold.
Authors, affiliation: Centered, 12 point size, superscripts of different affiliation (1, 2…)
Main text: Times New Roman, 12 point size
Poster presentation should have this dimension 90cm (width) by 200cm (height).
Deadline for Submission of Abstract: Wednesday, 31st May, 2017
Notification of Acceptance of Abstract: Friday, 30th April 2017
Deadline for the Submission of Papers: Friday, 16th June 2017
Registration Deadline for Authors and Participants: Friday, 14th July 2017
All conference presenters and participants should register online. Payment of the conference fees covers the conference package which includes the following; Akwaaba cocktail, Book of Abstracts, conference bag, notebook, name tag, pen, certificate of presentation/participation, lunch and coffee/tea breaks as well as admission to all the conference programmes including a relaxation trip to the Kintampo Waterfalls etc