The University Health Services Directorate has the prime mandate to provide efficient and effective delivery of health services to students, staff and their relatives as well as provide regular health extension services to the adjoining communities. The Directorate reports to the Vice-Chancellor through the Registrar. The University Health Services Directorate ensures that all new employees and fresh students undergo a medical examination in order to be declared medically fit for employment and academic work. The Directorate has three divisions ie; Administration, Pharmacy and Nursing.
- Supervise the entire medical, paramedical and all other staff within the University Health Services.
- Plan and monitor the development of the University Clinic/ Hospital and its health programmes.
- Ensures the availability of drugs, hospital equipment and other goods and services needed for efficient operation of the University Hospital / Clinic.
- Provides education, advice and monitor health matters.
- Ensures that the University provide regular extension services to the adjoining communities.